Beginning in April 2023, Easterseals Arc’s health care learning lab will prepare participants for rewarding careers as certified nurse assistants (CNAs).
The program is open to individuals with and without disabilities. It combines classroom instruction and hands-on skills training in our fully equipped health care learning lab with clinical training hours at a local senior community. The program will first be offered in Fort Wayne, but may expand to other locations in the future.
The Easterseals Arc program has been approved by the Indiana Board of Health and follows the established curriculum, which includes:
- Infection control
- Emergency procedures
- Basic nursing skills, such as taking vital signs and measuring height and weight
- Positioning and transfers
- Activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming and dressing
- Nutrition, feeding and hydration
- Skin care
- Other essential skills
- 4 to 6 weeks
- First cohort starts in early April
- 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays
- Fridays will be used for make-up days if needed
- Classroom instruction and hands-on skills training will take place in Easterseals Arc’s health care learning lab at 4919 Projects Drive