Fort Wayne, Ind. — AWS Foundation has awarded a $4,808 grant to Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana to support the Fort Wayne Abilities Collaborative (FWACO) in providing inclusive, sensory friendly social events.
The Fort Wayne Abilities Collaborative includes Easterseals Arc, YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne, Camp Red Cedar and Turnstone. The organizations formed the collaboration to create fun opportunities for individuals with disabilities to increase community integration, social interaction, recreation and physical activity.
The grant funds will help the collaborative offer five inclusive sensory friendly events and socials in 2023. The events include:
- A sensory friendly movie night, held in February
- A teen social, held in April
- A teen Splash Bash, scheduled for July 29
- An adult Splash Bash, scheduled for July 29
- An adult Dance Harvest Party, scheduled for Nov. 10
More information about the upcoming events, including registration links, can be found on the collaborative’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/FWACO.