Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana has received a $10,000 grant from the Magee-O’Connor Foundation to support vocational training for individuals with disabilities.
Easterseals Arc will use the grant to help implement educational programs in learning labs targeting preparation for employment in three industries: health care, manufacturing and hospitality. The funds will help cover the costs of:
- Tooling U online training modules
- A Prowise interactive whiteboard, Chromebooks and charging cart
- A virtual reality classroom kit
- Electronic simulation cash registers
- Vocational work task boxes and supplies
The learning labs will include assessments to determine whether individuals are a good fit for the targeted industries; instruction on specific skills needed in those industries; and collaboration with local employers to provide opportunities for community-based job training and paid jobs.