Fort Wayne, Ind. — Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana was recently awarded a $50,000 matching grant from the national office of Easterseals.
In December 2020, philanthropist MacKenzie Scott donated $15 million to the national office of Easterseals in addition to making gifts to 22 Easterseals affiliates across the country. The national office designated a portion of that gift to provide grants to other Easterseals affiliates. Affiliates that did not receive a gift directly from Scott can apply to the national office for a grant as a fundraising match or to support a new venture.
Easterseals Arc will use the $50,000 grant to match donations from other sources and help the agency in its efforts to:
- Increase independence for the individuals it serves
- Expand employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Influence social determinants of health to improve health outcomes
- Educate and support consumers, staff, caregivers and other stakeholders
- Increase the use of technology to improve operational efficiency