As part of the Medicaid Waiver redesign, the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) is prioritizing improvement in case management services to support individuals and families.
Case Management Companies
All case management companies were invited to submit proposals for delivering quality case management services. Based on those proposals, six companies have been selected to offer case management services effective January 1, 2022:
- Indiana Professional Management Group (IPMG), 866.672.4764
- Unity of Indiana, 317.888.1481
- Inspire Case Management, 317.652.6928
- Connections Case Management, 317.710.7184
- The Columbus Organization, 800.229.5116
- CareStar of Indiana, 800.616.3718
Impact on Individuals and Families
All individuals using the Family Supports Waiver (FSW) or Community Integration and Habilitation (CIH) Waiver must have case management services. As with all waiver services, you have the ability to choose your provider from the approved list.
- If your current case manager works for one of the approved companies: You do not have to do anything.
- If your current case manager does not work for one of the approved companies: You must select a new case management company by Dec. 14, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions and answers are excerpted from information provided by DDRS.
Q. Why are the case management changes a new priority?
A. Case management services are a vital function. DDRS is prioritizing case management services and responding to stakeholder requests for enhancements as part of the overall waiver redesign process. Additionally, it’s important that case management uphold quality standards, which are being prioritized as part of this initiative.
Q. Will I still be able to choose my case manager and case management company?
A. Yes. You have the ability to choose your provider of all waiver services and to select a different provider at any time.
Q. Can I keep my same case manager?
A. If your case manager already works for one of the case management companies selected through this process, then keeping your same case manager is likely. If your case manager works for a case management company that is NOT awarded, you will have to choose a new case management company, which may mean working with a new case manager.
Q. What will happen if my case manager is not part of an awarded case management entity and I have to choose a new one?
A. BDDS is working with all the current case management companies to ensure that a smooth transition exists and that individuals have the information they need to choose a case management company that is right for them.
Q. What do I need to do now?
A. No action is needed. All individuals currently receiving CIH and FSW services will be notified via email of new information when it’s available, including any next steps.
Where to Find More Information
There are multiple ways you can stay up to date and receive the latest information:
- Visit The BDDS Waiver Redesign webpage for announcements, resources and opportunities for feedback.
- Visit the BDDS Case Management Innovation webpage for information specific to this case management initiative.
- Sign up for DDRS emails to have all announcements sent directly to your inbox.
- Follow the BDDS Facebook page for posts and for FB Live every other Friday.
- Subscribe to the INvision newsletter, a quarterly newsletter for individuals and families.
- Attend a virtual Case Management Meet and Greet.